I love crocheting and wanted to make a quick and easy baby afghan blanket.This is a great looking blanket, ideal for beginners and works up very fast using only single crochet, I finished it within 7 hours and I’m not the fastest!
This is a lovely thick warm blanket and great for curling up with on the couch or hanging over a cot or chair in the nursery.
To make this easy Afghan Baby Blanket I used 3 strands of bulky yarn together, using 3 strands together worked up project fast. I liked this pattern as you could choose different colours and pick those that worked well together. I went for neutral colours as I did not know the gender of my baby, bright colours work well together and look lovely finished.
My blanket is approximately 34″ x 30″
The good thing with this blanket is the size does not matter as it is not made to fit.
- 15mm crochet hook
- 3 balls of chunky yarn for each of your colour choices
- Tapestry needle (To weave in the ends)
- Using 3 strands of yarn together (one from each colour yarn) form a slip knot on your hook.
- Chain 55 ( Roughly 34″ or desired length)
- Row 1: Working from second chain from hook work a Single Crochet. Work 1 Single Crochet in each chain to end of row.
- Row 2: Chain 1 and turn. Work 1 Single Crochet into the first stitch and then continue until end of row.
- Repeat row 2 until blanket measures 30″ or desired length.
- Fasten off and weave in the ends.
Enjoy your lovely blanket:)